Advance Computer skills are a must in almost every career path. But more specialized knowledge of Windows, computer hardware management, website design, and computer programming is left up to the professionals. If you’re interested in being one of those professionals, earning a computer information systems certificate could be the first step you need to jump-start a successful career in a fast-growing field.
Upon graduation, you will have the foundational knowledge you need to continue toward a career in computer information systems. Enroll today and get started right away
What you get
- Textbook and/or comprehensive online resources
- Personalized further education and career guidance
- Student Portal dashboard for instant access to online lessons and support
- Learning Resource Center online libraries and labs
- An active online community of fellow students, staff, and grads
Advance Computer Information Systems curriculum
Our Computer Information Systems program curriculum combines a core set of general education courses with specialized classes in operating systems, computer programming, and more. Each course is developed with the input of technology professionals, ensuring exceptional career relevance. Graduates have the real-world knowledge and skills demanded by employers across many industries.
Lesson Group 1:
Achieving Academic Excellence
Introduction to Computers
Windows Operating Systems
Lesson Group 2:
MS Office Applications I
MS Office Applications II
The Advance in Computer Information Systems program is designed to provide students with a well-rounded education by combining a core set of general education courses with specialized courses in Computer Information Systems. The program lays the foundation for a broad base of knowledge with general education courses in a variety of subject areas.
After completing the Computer Information Systems program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a foundation of computer and information systems knowledge, technical skills, and a basic understanding of computer applications.
- Display proficiency with various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and development of databases, use of data modeling tools, structured query language (SQL), and Internet technology.
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and access information strategically, work as part of an information technology team, and use the Internet to foster the effectiveness of systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broad implications of technological innovation on social organization in terms of personal, political, economic, and environmental issues.
Career relevance at every step
Earning your online Computer Information Systems degree is likely to be your single biggest step toward a rewarding technology career—but it’s not the only step. All MRDCENTER students enjoy exclusive access to our Career Tools, including one-on-one interview coaching with our career experts. You also get access to The MRDCENTER, which enables you to develop a personal brand and augment your job search with the latest digital techniques.
Demand for professionals with IT and computer skills will continue to grow as technology evolves. From 2016 to 2026, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a faster-than-average growth rate of 12% for computer and information systems managers, and a median salary of $135,800*.
If you are looking for a way to take the first step toward a more successful future, our certificate could be the flexible, affordable solution you need. In fact, our Advance in Computer Information Systems tuition is both competitive and inclusive, covering everything apart from a small administrative cost and shipping for course materials.
Our programs are flexible and so are our payment options. Choose the one that works best for you.
Interested in learning more?
If you want to find out more about the program or talk about the payment options available to you, get in touch with us at 786-360-2666 or request information online. http://mrdcenter.com/