Got an eye for detail and the desire to help others? Take electronic medical records training online to gain the skills you need to succeed in one of the fastest-growing healthcare fields. With our career-focused course, you will develop employer-demanded knowledge in patient record keeping, data management, HIPAA compliance, and more.
What you get
- Student Portal dashboard for instant access to online lessons and support
- Learning Resource Center online libraries and labs
- An active online community of fellow students, staff, and grads
EMR program curriculum
The EMR program curriculum is designed in partnership with experienced educators and health information experts. That means your training will be highly relevant to your career, helping you unlock new professional opportunities. You’ll learn to work with data, starting at information entry and working toward records management to regulatory compliance.
Lesson Group 1: Orientation: MRDCENTER Program
Learning at MRDCENTER
Allied Health Careers
Lesson Group 2: Electronic Medical Records
EMR Applications and Equipment
EMR Practice Management
EMR Insurance and Billing
EMR Regulatory Compliance
Lesson Group 3: Practice Management Software
Electronic Records in Action
Patient Census Data
Length of Stay
Morbidity and Mortality Rate
Students learn about the importance and functionality of electronic medical records and receive hands-on training with two cloud-based EMR systems. Topics include adding, editing, storing, and retrieving patient information; using provider databases to facilitate continuity of care; generating coding and billing reports; assisting providers and clinicians with charting functions; and identifying information errors. Special emphasis is placed on professional standards for EMRs, HIPAA privacy and security, and guidelines for release of information.
After completing the Electronic Medical Records program, students will be able to:
- Describe the typical electronic health record (EHR) system, summarize the categories of data maintained on this type of system, and outline standard processes involved with entering, storing, manipulating, and retrieving patient information.
- Summarize the portions of the HIPAA Privacy Rule dealing with protected health information (PHI), confidentiality, and disclosure, and describe the circumstances under which information may be released without patient consent.
- Navigate cloud-based EMR software systems and use them to enter new patient information, encounter notes, physician information, insurance claims, and charting information.
Pursue your professional goals
Our EMR program syllabus empowers you to gain the skills to succeed. But that’s not where our career focus ends. As an MRDCENTER student, you will have unlimited access to our full range of Career Tools, which includes one-on-one sessions with our knowledgeable advisors.
The world continues to go digital. Our Electronic Health Records training could lead to job opportunities in a career field that's growing. The U.S. Department of Labor expects a 13% increase in employment of medical records and health information technicians through 2026**.
Our Electronic Health Records training tuition is affordable and flexible so you get to decide on a payment option that works for you. Are you ready to launch your career as a Electronic Health Records? Get started immediately and you could graduate in as few as two months
Our programs are flexible and so are our payment options. Choose the one that works best for you.
Interested in learning more?
If you want to find out more about the program or talk about the payment options available to you, get in touch with us at 786-360-2666 or request information online. http://mrdcenter.com/